Sunday, November 11, 2007

Two Weeks to Go


I'm finished learning Kiswahili in the classroom but Peace Corps training will continue for another two weeks. The high-point of this wiki iliyopita was definitely the permaculture session where I learned much about trapping water and which fruits and veges to plant in my garden when I get to post. I can't wait, eight months from now I may be eating papaya from my own plot of land. Permaculture also seems like an excellent secondary project to become involved in. Providing a source of nutritious food and a means to grow more of it seems to be an excellent way to cross into the medical profession. The best way to treat disease is to prevent it altogether. I still haven't seen the conditions I will be facing for the two years I will be in Tanzania after training, however, I plan on implementing what I've learned thus far, and see where it takes us. I believe that the most important aspect of Peace Corps service is the basic human interaction that takes place between a PCV and the people they meet in country.

Kiswahili of the week:

hadi hapo --> until then
unakuwaje? --> how are things? (like mambo)

No comments: