Tuesday, September 11, 2007


No Money!

I spent my last large chunk of change on American soil today. What did I buy you ask? Clothes mostly for my journey to Tanzania, where the people apparently expect you to wear "slacks". I'm not sure exactly what constitutes a pair of slacks, but I bought some comfy dark-khaki-casual dress pants. Next on the list was a pair of light "quick dry" pants. These turned out to be my big ticket item in fact. Thanks Dicks. I'm also trying out skype for the first time, though I'm not sure how well it will go over in my African post yet.


Well, the flood damage is mostly taken care of (yes my basement flooded recently) and I think my Peace Corps Volunteer Registration form is still acceptable, even if it has that ripply, obviously-soaked-at-one-point look. Write this one down: Carbon paper + water = mess. With the carpet all pulled out, I'm reminded of the hours during my childhood spent playing on roller racers.


Anyway, this was the first ever blog posting by Schuyler James Wood, so mark your history books or whatever you do when an egghead goes on an ego trip.


peace

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Tanzania will never be the same. Schuyler rocks the world. Hang in there Tanzania.

Malia said...

Brother I miss you sooo much

Armin Heurich said...

Hi Sky!

I ran into your mom yesterday, and she told me about your exciting and amazing Peace Corps adventure. Good for you and good for them, Sky! I will be checking in with you periodically.

best,
Armin